Getting to School
Arrival: Dropping off at Grissom
- School doors open at 7:20.
- Students and parents wait in cars until doors open at 7:20.
- Walkers wait in the grassy area near the pre-kindergarten and kindergarten (Children’s House) entrance, between our drive and S. 73rd E. Ave., adjacent to the crosswalk.
- Adults waiting with walkers should wear masks on school grounds. Masks are strongly recommended for students.
- Families should distance from other families.
- If crossing S. 73rd E. Ave., use the crosswalk.
- At 7:20, students may get out of cars and enter building. Parents stay in cars.
- Pre-K and K:
- To begin the year, staff will help students out of cars as they learn the routine.
- Students enter the doors nearest the pre-k and k (Children’s House) building, under the covered walkway.
- 1st-5th Grades:
- Enter the main doors, under the blue Grissom awning.
- If you are dropping off both Pre-K/ K and 1st-5th, all students should be let off in the north lot and all students may enter the PK/ K entrance.
- Pre-K and K:
|Opening Bell||7:30 a.m.|
|Dismissal Bell||2:35 p.m.|
School board policy and state law requires that students attend school more than 90% of the days it’s in session. Absences include days and parts of days (anything more than one hour). Students who miss school in excess of 10% of the time may be retained on that basis. Their learning is likely to have gaps due to their lack of participation in class. They often exhibit more problems with behavior because they have missed instruction and routines and are lost or overwhelmed.
Grissom Elementary School
6646 S. 73 E. Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74133