Pick Up/Drop Off
Being at school and being on time are essential for students’ success in school.
Plan on dropping students off by 7:15 each morning. Arriving in the parking lot after 7:15 makes it more likely that students will be late starting class on time. Late arrivals make the student’s day more hectic, cause him to miss opening class-building activities and information, and disrupt the teacher’s work with the class.
Students who arrive after the tardy bell rings at 7:30 will need to be walked in with their parent to be checked in to school.
School board policy and state law requires that students attend school more than 90% of the days it’s in session. Absences include days and parts of days (anything more than one hour). Students who miss school in excess of 10% of the time may be retained on that basis. Their learning is likely to have gaps due to their lack of participation in class. They often exhibit more problems with behavior because they have missed instruction and routines and are lost or overwhelmed.
Grissom Parking Lot Procedures:
- Watch for children.
- Go slow.
- Be courteous. Use words to help and horns only for emergencies.
- Keep the steps clear of cars. Drop off at the sidewalk north or south of the steps.
- Park in the lot, not at the curb. Unattended cars at the curb block traffic and slow down drop-off.
- Get here early. By 7:35, the drop-off zone will be crowded. By 7:40, your child will be late to class.
- Do not park in the bus loading zone at the far south end of the building. It is marked. Thank you.
- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade all pick up NORTH of the steps. Stay in the INSIDE lane. Pick up at the CURB.
- 4th, 5th, 6th, and Pre-kindergarten pick up SOUTH of the steps. Stay in the MIDDLE lane until you reach the steps. Pick up at the CURB.
- Park in the lot, not at the curb. Unattended cars at the curb block traffic and slow down pick-up.
- Keep the steps clear of cars. Pick up at the sidewalk north or south of the steps.
- You can always park in the lot or on a side street and walk to pick up your child. It can be quicker than waiting in line in your car and helps keep the lot safe and less congested.
|Opening Bell||7:30 a.m.|
|Dismissal Bell||2:35 p.m.|
Grissom Elementary School
6646 S. 73 E. Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74133